We just got home from a long road trip and if there's one thing I hate about road trips it's the necessity to make use of public bathrooms. I'm usually extremely picky about where we stop, but you know how sometimes something looks okay, but then you find out it's not? We stopped at a convenience store in a little town in Mississippi. It looked fairly new, clean enough. I went inside while dh was filling up the truck, looked around, but couldn't find the bathroom. When I asked the lady with the nose ring, the big wad of gum, and the polar bear tatto behind the counter (that should have told me *something*)where the bathrooms were located, she said, "Around back, honey." Oh Boy.
Don'tcha just hate it when--
1) You have to go outside to the back of a building to use the facilities? 2) When you walk in, the bathroom smells like the monkey exhibit at the zoo on a hundred degree day? 2) Someone, (a WOMAN, no less) has written the words, "Butt Sucker" on the back of the door with a green magic marker?
Needless to say, I crossed my legs and went on down the road a ways. Thank goodness for the extra-large bottle of Purelle I keep in the truck console. Even though I didn't use the facilities, I still had to touch the doorknob. Euuwwwwww!
I'm getting a little worried about myself--this almost sounds like something thatgirlygirl would write. Yikes!
I love reading other people's and I love filling out my own. I don't think anyone has been tagging on this one, but I'll tag kmarcus, annemariepace, almafullerton, cassandra_w, closetblogger, and kristydempsey. Thatgirlygirl already did it. Sorry I'm a goofball and don't know how to do the linky things. Have fun!
1. What's your middle name?: Sue
2. Is your cell phone a flip phone? Yes
3. Have you ever been to New Jersey?: Never have.
4. What's your favorite soda?: Diet Coke and Coke Zero
5. Do you have satellite? You mean like Directv? Yep.
6. Where did you go to college? I didn't go to college.
7. What's the longest road trip you've been on? A twenty four hour drive from Miami to Little Rock
8. Did you go to a private school?: No.
9. What's your favorite smiley? ;-)
10. Do you buy lottery tickets in hopes of winning? Sometimes when I'm visiting Florida.
11. What year were you born in? I'm at that age where I'd prefer not to answer this one. ;-)
12. Do you like the smell of Sharpies? Gosh, I don't think I've smelled one lately.
13. What does your screensaver look like?: Swirling boxes, or something.
14. Do you have an iPod?: Yes, and I don't know how I survived without it.
15. What's your biggest pet peeve? rude people
16. What shoe size do you wear? about a nine
17. What's your favorite kind of cereal? Any kind. I love them all. Right now I'm hooked on Vanilla Cream Mini Wheats--thanks to thatgirlygirl.
18. Do you ever listen to Classical music? Yes.
19. What kind of instruments do you play? Ipod.
20. Do you like Girl Scout cookies? Yes, but I rarely eat them. Too fattening. I used to love the Samoas. I think that's what they were called. Oh, and the chocolate mint ones.
21. Have you ever ridden in a limo?: No
22. Do you like Hummers? I LOVE the H3's and hope to be driving one soon. I'm surprised how many people don't like them. It seems people either love them or hate them.
24. Are you scared of horses? No way. I used to show Quarter Horses.
25. Do you like milk chocolate or dark chocolate? Dark, definitely.
26. Do you wear glasses? Only when I want to see. ;-)
27. Does it annoy you when people misspell things? Not usually, but I tend to sigh when I see someone substituting "your" for "you're."
28. Do you like the beach or the mountains: I am a BEACH girl!
29. Have you ever taken cough medicine when you didn't have a cough? Yuck, no. I don't even like taking it when I have a cough.
30. Have you ever been to band camp? Nope.
31. Do you know any guys with a receding hair line? Ummm...not that I can think of.
32. Do you know what Chacos are? Yes.
33. Do you own a Nalgene? I don't, but my son has two.
34. Have you ever watched Room Raiders on MTV? Yes, sometimes it's funny.
35. What's the best Christmas present you've ever got? The birth of Jesus Christ.
36. What's your favorite Popsicle flavor? The red ones--strawberry? Cherry?
37. Did your parents give you an allowance? No
38. Did you ever watch Rugrats when you were little? I don't think Rugrats were around when I was little.
39. How many myspace groups have you joined? None
40. What do you think of standardized tests? They should be outlawed.
41. What's the craziest thing you have ever done? Gosh, if I answer this my reputation will be runined! ;-)
42. Have you ever cheated on a test? No.
43. Is tomorrow your birthday? No.
44. Have you ever choked on your own spit? That's digusting, but I'd have to say yes.
45. Do you like roller coasters? I'm not a big fan, but I've ridden a few.
46. When was the last time you went roller blading? About eight years ago, I guess. I remember speeding downhill a little too quickly and having to grab onto a tree to stop. That was my last attempt.
47. Have you ever wished you had a twin? I didn't want to be a twin, but I wanted to HAVE twins. My dad was a twin, his mother was a twin, and her mother was a twin, so I thought I had a shot. I didn't. My brother's wife ended up having twin boys though.
48. Do you have a caffeine addiction? Nope. I'm not a coffee drinker. I've been dying to try all those yummy Starbucks concoctions, but I'm afraid I'll get hooked.
49. Do you get claustrophobic easily?: Yes.
50. Would you ever kiss on the first date? Ah heck, why not? You have to live a little, right?
MWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! Now we know all these online quizzes are BS. Look what the quiz showed as my writer type. My crit group will appreciate this! For those of you who don't know, I am the world's worst poet. Ha!
You Should Be A Poet
You craft words well, in creative and unexpected ways. And you have a great talent for evoking beautiful imagery... Or describing the most intense heartbreak ever. You're already naturally a poet, even if you've never written a poem.
Late, as usual. I was tagged last week, but there's been so much craziness surrounding me, I'm just now here. And I don't really need to be, but the diversion seemed too hard to pass up.
Ground Rules: The first player of this "game" starts with the topic "5 weird habits of yours" and people who get tagged need to write a LJ entry about their 5 quirky habits as well as state this rule clearly. In the end, you need to choose the next 5 people to be tagged and list their names.
1) I hate to wear shoes. Whenever I can, I take them off and walk barefooted or in my socks. It doesn't matter how cold it is outside. I'll go out on the back porch or in the garage barefooted. I even buy what we used to call clogs--not sure if that's the current hip term or not, but they're the ones you just slip your feet into with no backs. When wearing clogs, it's easier to slip my feet in and out--in the car, at a restaurant, or even at church when I think no one is looking. Yeah right, I'm surrounded by people in the pews and I think they can't see? Am I delusional? It must run in the family though. My mom's the same way. It used to drive my dad crazy.
2) I could eat breakfast cereal three times a day. While I don't think I've ever eaten it for all three meals, I have been known to eat it for both breakfast and supper. It doesn't matter what kind as long as it isn't Grape Nuts (sorry!) or something that's sickeningly sweet. I'm an equal opportunity cereal eater. :-) My husband says I've never met a cereal I didn't like.
3) I've watched the movie The Wizard of Oz at least once a year for the past 25+ years and I'm still not tired of it. I *adore* that movie!
4) If I take Rolaids near bedtime, I have weird dreams. My son thinks this is hilarious. If I tell him, "Man, I had a weird dream last night." He'll never fail to say, "Did you take Rolaids?" Don't know why this happens, but it never fails. See, this is weird stuff.
5) I wouldn't tell just everyone this, but I know y'all will keep this between us, right? I haven't drank a glass of milk since I was six years old and my first grade teacher made me finish all the milk in my carton at our milk break before I could leave the table. Gag! I hate the thought of drinking milk. Even when I eat cereal (see number 2 above) I put as little milk as possible into the bowl and drain most of it off from the spoon on the side of the bowl before I eat it.
Ta-da! It's unanimous--I'm weird. And I'm sure that was more than you ever wanted to know about my weirdness. That'll teach you to tag me!
I just stopped by my own blog and figured out I hadn't posted anything since late December. Hmmmmm...still don't know what to say. Why can't my journal be fun and interesting and witty and intelligent and kewl and writerly like all of my *friends'* blogs. Hmmmmm??? Everything I come up with is just lame and/or boring.
Well...at least I posted something--even though it is lame and/or boring. :-)
Normally, I'm such an optimistic person, it's sickening. Why then, when
so much in my life is going right, do I find myself waiting for the
other shoe to drop? Since this time last year, many areas of my life
have made a dramatic 360 degree turn for the better. Why does this
Here I am standing on top of the world enjoying a glorious view. Why
can't I simply take pleasure in that? Why am I constantly stealing
glances over my shoulder, waiting for someone to come along and shove
me off the other side?
Why do I feel like You hear these prayers of mine,
when so many ought to be ahead of me in line?
When You look down on me, can You see the good
through all the bad?
These are just a few questions I had.